Our Core Values - The Things We Hold Dear.
1. Love is the great commandment of the LORD Jesus Christ upon which all others are dependent. Matthew 22:36-40, Mark 12:28-31, John 13:34-35
2. The infallible, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible. Psalm 119:160, 2nd Timothy 3:16-17, 2nd Peter 1:20-21
3. The Bible is the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice. 2nd Timothy 3:16-17, Romans 15:4
4. The personal triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in divine perfection. Matthew 28:19, 2nd Corinthians 13:14
5. The Genesis account of Creation. Genesis 1 & 2
6. Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of man, the unholy god of this world, whose destiny is the eternal lake of fire.
Isaiah 14:12-15, Ezekiel 28:11-19, Matthew 25:41, Matthew 4:1-11, 2nd Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 6:10-17, Revelation 20:10
7. The virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ. Matthew 1:18-20, 2nd Corinthians 5:21, 1st Peter 2:22
8. The deity of Jesus Christ. John 1:1-5, John 10:30
9. The Holy Spirit is the divine Administrator for Jesus Christ in His churches. John 14:15-17, Acts 1:1-8
10. That Man was created in the image of God and fell by voluntary transgression from his sinless state, the result being that all mankind are sinners.
Genesis 1:26, 3:6-24; Romans 5:12-19
11. Jesus Christ suffered and died as a substitute for mankind so that our sin debt would be paid. We are saved by grace through faith the moment we believe in Him as Savior and Lord. Isaiah 53:6, John 3:16, 2nd Corinthians 5:18-19, 1st Peter 3:18, 1st John 2:2, John 3:16-18, Ephesians 2:8-9
12. The bodily resurrection and ascension of Christ and the bodily resurrection of His saints. 1st Corinthians 15:42-58, 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18
13. The personal, bodily return of Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
John 14:1-6, 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18, 2nd Thessalonians 2:8, Revelation 19, 20, & 21
14. That the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, seals, secures, and indwells every believer.
John 16:8-11, Romans 8:9-11, 1st Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, Titus 3:4-7
15. That all who trust Jesus Christ for salvation are eternally secure in Him and shall not perish. John 3:36, 5:24, 10:27-30, Romans 8:35-39, 1st Peter 1:3-7
16. That God deals with believers as His children, that He chastises the disobedient and honors obedience. John 1:12, Hebrews 12:5-11, Revelation 22:12
17. Scriptural baptism, administered by the church, is the immersion of a penitent believer in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as a public profession of faith and is a picture of Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Matthew 28:18-20
18. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial ordinance commanded by Jesus to be done in remembrance of Him and is restricted to our church family. 1st Corinthians 11:17-27
19. God is the source of all life. Life begins at conception, every human life is sacred and God is intimately concerned with each unborn child and we are as well.
20. Gender is an important aspect of God’s design as He wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and these distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological gender is a rejection of the image of God within that person. Genesis 1:26-28
21. Marriage will forever be defined as the life-long union of one man to one woman. God established and set apart the institution of marriage to bring together one man and one woman, the two distinct halves of humanity (male and female, which He created as complementary partners) in a one-flesh union.
Genesis 2:18-24, 5:1-2, Matthew 19:3-6, Ephesians 5:22-33
22. The family was the first institution ordained by God and is sacred and to be protected, nurtured and, strengthened through every ministry of the church as we endeavor to assist families in having healthy, loving relationships and assist parents to raise up godly offspring. Deuteronomy 6:4-8, Ephesians 6:1-4
23. Any form of sexual immorality, which includes any type of sexual activity outside of the confines of biblical marriage, (see #21 above) is sinful and offensive to God.
1st Corinthians 6:18-20
24. We believe that the great commandment of Jesus to love God and others is to be carried out through good works as well as good teaching. The truth of God’s Word is immutable regardless of the opinions of men and we believe it is our responsibility to proclaim the truth in love without wavering.
Luke 10:25-27, Romans 1:16, Romans 10:14
Additional Information About Our Practices:
Jesus Christ is the source of all authority in all matters of life, faith, and practices involved therein as He is the creator of all things as well as the author and finisher of our faith. Thus, the Word of God, The Holy Bible, will be our source of truth in all matters. The pastor, as God’s under shepherd for Cross Roads MBC, will be the final human interpreter of the Bible for our church and is authorized to state our beliefs and practices on any disputed issue. 2nd Timothy 3:16-17, 4:1-5; Titus 1:1-9
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Cross Roads Missionary Baptist Church as the local body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the members of Cross Roads MBC and the community, it is imperative that all employees of Cross Roads MBC and all volunteers serving in any capacity agree to abide by this statement of faith and practice. In accordance with this policy, no Minister or Pastor of Cross Roads MBC will participate in any wedding or celebration that He feels is in defiance of God’s design. Matthew 5:16, Romans 1:16-27
The facilities of Cross Roads MBC were provided by God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. Our facilities are not generally open to the public; we occasionally make our facilities available to non-members in the spirit of Christian love. In all cases, the church desires that all facilities are used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring glory to God. Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with Cross Roads MBC’s faith, teachings, or practices as described in Our Core Values – The Things We Hold Dear.